Lithuania, Slovenia, Latvia, Bulgaria and the Netherlands have started Erasmus+ Strategic partnership project “Keep going, reach goals, get an award: empowering senior volunteerism” No 2020-1-LT01-KA204-077966
The aim of the project is to empower senior adults’ active citizenship through a Senior Award Program which promotes their learning, volunteering and contributing to the society.
Please visit project website to discover more – https://gogetaward.eu/
- empower senior citizens to engage in learning and take up volunteering activities following the award program developed by the partnership
- strengthen adult educators’ competences to support senior volunteers in the pursuit of personal growth aims
- raise public awareness on the issues related to aging societies and on the benefits that the senior volunteerism may have to the well-being of the society.
To meet the above mentioned needs and implement the objectives the partnership consortium made of 5 European countries: Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, The Netherlands and
Slovenia, will share best volunteering traditions; together they will develop 3 intellectual outputs: an Online toolkit for adults/adult educators “Promotion of Senior Adults’ Organized
Volunteerism” (O1); The Senior Award Program for elderly citizens (O2); Manual for Adult educators on how to run the Senior Award Program (O3). These intellectual outputs will
support the improvement of adult educators’ skills and abilities to work with senior learners in order to motivate and empower senior people’s engagement in active social life, nonformal
lifelong learning, and volunteering.
The developed intellectual outputs will have the possibility to be transferred and applied in other EU countries outside the project partnership.
– senior citizens (retirees, participants of U3A, etc.)
– adult educators practitioners from both formal and non-formal adult education institutions, also, members organizations not primarily concerned with education (e.g. community
centers, cultural houses, libraries, museums, NGOs, volunteer centers, etc.)
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.